warrington town centre shot at dusk
Child Arrangement Orders Solicitors in Warrington

Child Arrangements Warrington

Warrington Children lawyers on your side to get a Child Arrangements Order in place for your children.

If you are experiencing difficulty in securing your rights to spend time with your child or children, our family law solicitors in Warrington will be on hand to provide realistic and practical advice in relation to ensure that you what court orders you can apply for.

ui icon 20-minutes of free legal advice over the phone
ui icon Specialist legal help from our friendly team
ui icon Dedicated lawyers that return your calls
ui icon Fixed fee services with no hidden costs

Child Arrangement and other children court orders

Our family team in Warrington, Cheshire, can assist you in applying for the following Court Orders:-

  1. A Parental Responsibility Order;
  2. A Specific Issue Order;
  3. A Child Arrangements Order which replaced
    1. Child Contact Orders;
    2. Child Custody Orders;
    3. Residence Orders.
  4. A Prohibited Steps Order; and/or
  5. A Special Guardianship Order.

When granting these Orders, the court aim to protect the children themselves that are involved in your matter.

It is important to remember that the children are the first and most important consideration when the court has to consider any application made for the above Orders.

a mother hugging her son on the beach

Can I apply for these orders?

Only parents with parental responsibility can apply for a Child Arrangements Order (formerly called Residence and Contact Orders). If you do not have parental responsibility, then you will need to apply to the court for permission to make such an application.

We understand that children issues are very important and our Warrington family solicitors will work tirelessly to get the best outcome for you.

If you have any questions in relation to the above children orders or should you wish to take steps to apply for one, get in touch with our Warrington solicitors today on 01925 550 076 to arrange a free consultation with our specialist family team.


please contact our specialist family team in Warrington to arrange a free consultation.

man walking on the beach with his son on his shoulders
Our Family Law Solicitors in Warrington explain

Child Maintenance

Child maintenance is regular (usually monthly) financial support paid to a resident primary carer of a child from a non-resident parent. Child maintenance is usually paid until the child reaches the age of 16, or 20 (if they remain in full-time education) in order to assist the resident parent in supporting that child through to A-level studies or equivalent.

  • The simplest and most amicable way of dealing with child maintenance is for the parents to reach an agreement between themselves in relation to the amount that ought to be paid to the resident parent as well as the regularity of the payment made. Whilst this private agreement can be reached between the two parents alone, our specialist family lawyers in Warrington will also be able to help you reach such an agreement.

    Whilst private agreements are the most amicable and simplest way of dealing with child maintenance, they are not legally enforceable. As a result, if the non-resident parent stops making the payments, a referral will need to be made to the Child Maintenance Service (CMS) in order that the other parent is forced to comply with their obligation.

  • In these circumstances, it is unlikely that a private agreement will work, not least because it will be extremely difficult to come to an amicable decision if one of the child’s parents are in any way abusive towards the other.

    If your ex-partner is abusive and you are worried about obtaining child maintenance from them, it can be arranged for the CMS to collect payment on your behalf. Again, our specialist family solicitors in Warrington can provide you with advice in this regard and possibly even liaise with the CMS on your behalf.

  • The CMS can assist you in obtaining child maintenance from the non-resident parent if they are living abroad, provided they are at least one of the following:-

    1. A UK Civil Servant;
    2. A member of the armed forces;
    3. A UK diplomatic mission;
    4. Working on a secondment for a private body such as the Local Authority; or
    5. Working for a company that is based and registered in the UK.

    However, if the non-resident parent does not fall into one of the above categories, our expert family lawyers in Warrington, Cheshire, may be able to make an application under Section 1 of the Children Act 1989 on your behalf. It is worth noting that the UK has arrangements to enforce child maintenance with more than 100 countries and territories across the world.

  • Receiving child maintenance from your child’s non-resident parent will not affect your benefits. Child maintenance is paid at a level that ensures the non-resident parent is paying towards the living costs of their child as opposed to your own living costs.

    State benefits are taken into account as income when it comes to calculating the level of child maintenance that you can receive from the non-resident parent.

    If you have any further questions or queries in relation to child maintenance or should you require our assistance with any of the steps mentioned above, please contact one of our specialist Warrington family solicitors for a free initial consultation.

boardroom view through glasses

Book Your Free, No-Obligation 20-Minute Consultation Today!

"*" indicates required fields

When is the best time to call?*