Leading Contract Dispute Solicitors
We are aware it may heavily damage your reputation, create difficulties meeting the demands of your customers, and even result in a substantial loss of profits.
In the event you suffer from a breach of contract, it is of paramount importance you seek expert legal advice.
The sooner you establish your legal standing, the faster you can resolve the issue.
How can a contractual dispute arise?
Occasionally, a party that has formed a contractual relationship may breach its obligations, which can result in needing experienced contract dispute solicitors. Contractual disputes can arise for many reasons, including:
- Breach of contract – a party may have breached a condition of the contract which means the purpose of the agreement can no longer be fulfilled
- Fraud – a party may have made assurances or agreements which you relied upon, and persuaded you to enter the arrangement, but those are now clear to have been misrepresentations
- Frustration – an uncontrollable and unforeseen event may occur, which means the purpose of the contract cannot be fulfilled, and this has put you, and potentially other parties subject to the contract, at a loss
- Technical understanding – a party may disagree over the meaning of a technical term in the contract which may create problems within and relationship
Can contract dispute solicitors help with resolution?
In the event of a breach of contract, the party that has suffered a loss or harm, as a result, can usually claim many remedies. These include:
- Damages – this monetary award is designed to put the injured party into the position they were in before the contract
- Injunction – a court can order a party to either perform an action or refrain from performing an action
- Specific performance – a party must perform a positive action to rectify an issue
- Rescission – one party is allowed to effectively cancel the contract, and everybody affected is returned to the position they were before it was agreed
How Can Our Contract Dispute Solicitors Help?
At Freeman Jones Solicitors, we can advise on all types of contractual disputes including:
- The sale and supply of goods and services
- Claims relating to warranties
- Agency issues
- Joint Venture Agreements (JVAs)
- Confidentiality Agreements (NDAs)
- Director, shareholder and partnership agreements
- Employment contracts and Settlement Agreements
If you have any concerns relating to any of these matters, it is vital you receive legal assistance to ensure an issue is resolved swiftly. Why not contact our specialist contract dispute solicitors?
We will point you in the right direction following our FREE half-hour consultation.
"*" indicates required fields