Why make a will?
Many people put off dealing with their affairs until tomorrow. This is a mistake especially as matters don’t have to be stressful or complicated unless you want them that way.
Freeman Jones, Wills, Trust and Probate team provide specialist yet practical legal advice in easy to understand language on all aspects of Wills, Trusts and Probate matters.
If you fail to plan for your future then it can be more difficult for your loved ones to sort out your affairs after your death. Dying intestate can not only be stressful but your estate will be distributed as decided by the state and not necessarily in accordance with your wishes. Careful Estate planning can help prevent this problem and reduce the stress and cost of the whole process.
All of our advice is tailored to your individual needs however simple or complicated your affairs may be
Our Private Client department can assist you with the following matters:
- Making a simple straightforward Will
- Making a complicated Will
- Will storage and updates or codicils
- Estate Planning
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Trust matters
- Deeds of variation
Disputes over Wills, Inheritance, Powers of Attorneys, Trusts etc
Freeman Jones provide specialist advice in inheritance disputes, disputes over wills and all other types of contentious probate cases.
- Will disputes where it is alleged the testator/testatrix lacked sound mind (mental capacity);
- Disputed Wills where undue influence is alleged;
- Wills disputes concerning on allegations of fraud or the requisite formalities not being adhered to and followed;
- Inheritance Disputes – Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975 (IPFDA) Claims;
- Disputes involving Executors or Trustees including their removal from the probate process and breach of their fiduciary duties;
- Disputes over Powers of Attorney
- Professional negligence claims against solicitors and Will writers concerning negligently drafted wills.
- Other Contentious Trust and Probate
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – Financial & Property Affairs
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – Welfare
- Court of Protection and deputyship matters.
For a free 30 minute no obligation consultation to discuss any of the above matters